Monday, January 24, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas












Julie P. alerted me to this recipe.  Her family reduced the amount of onions and proceeded to gobble the enchiladas up.  It uses bottled enchilada sauce for a very quick fix. Click here for the recipe.

Sour Cream Enchiladas


While Julie P. and I were waiting for the ward choir to arrive for an early morning warm-up I mentioned I smelled of etude parfum "browning brisket." Julie said hers was "sour cream enchiladas."  One thing lead to another and Julie revealed her recipe source, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/sour-cream-enchiladas/ Check it out for a step-by-step how to and nifty recipe printing.  The site is full of beautiful photos and Ree, the blogger, is a hoot!
Photobucket
This recipe calls for cilantro.  I love this herb. Two of my six kiddies hate it.  Majority rules.  I've got a great south window for wintering over this cilantro plant I dug up from the garden last Fall.  Try starting basil from seed in doors for those gourmet recipes of yours. Beware of cheap potting soil--it doesn't absorb water very well.  I know. I tried it.

No comments: